Re: Streams Replication from 10g DB to 9i DB

From: Ora_DBA <>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 15:07:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 28, 3:07 pm, ddf <> wrote:
> On Oct 27, 4:33 pm, Ora_DBA <> wrote:
> > Does Oracle 10g support streams replication from a source database
> > (version 10g) to an Oracle 9i destination database ?
> > Thanks in Advance
> I seriously doubt that is a supported configuration, as datatypes
> unavailable for Streams replication in 9i are supported with 10g and
> later releases of Streams.  I expect you won't be able to get it to
> work, and if you do kludge it to work it won't run without constant
> attention.
> Is there a valid reason you can't migrate the 9i database to 10g?
> David Fitzjarrell

The client can't update to Oracle 9i database to 10g (I haven't heard a valid reason for that so far) .

So, my next questions is:

Will streams replication work between 9i (Source Database) to Oracle 10g (Target database)?

Thanks in advance Received on Tue Oct 28 2008 - 17:07:19 CDT

Original text of this message