Re: 10g RAC using SAN for storage

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 06:35:03 -0700

macdba321 wrote:
> I am testing a 2 node RAC setup and want to try using a SAN for the
> dedicated storage (instead of a dedicated local storage disk array
> located within the same frame).
> Are there any "gotchas" that I should be aware of when using the SAN
> for storage as opposed to a typical storage array?
> Thanks!

How did you use "dedicated local storage disk" and make it shared everything?

You've said nothing of CFS or ASM or RAW. Why?

The biggest potential issue with a SAN is labeling the disks used for the voting disk and OCR so that they are mounted in the correct order by the O/S.

Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group