DSN Less Connection To Oracle Database

From: Louis <t051315_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 05:36:41 GMT

I am looking for help in understanding the software/configuration architecture to connect to an oracle database from a html/javascript web page.

I have access to an Oracle database, and I want to retrieve data from it   from a web page on a Windows IIS web server. I think the web server has an ODBC driver for Oracle. That's about all I know for now.

What I want to do is to code the html page and use javascript to call some kind of server-side script to query the Oracle database.

What do I need to make this happen? I have a sample of an ASP script, but so far I can't make it work. What do I need?

  • Do I really need an Oracle client installed on the web server?
  • Is "Microsoft ODBC for Oracle" enough for ASP to talk to the Oracle database?

Your help is appreciated.
Thank you. Received on Fri Sep 12 2008 - 00:36:41 CDT

Original text of this message