Re: Access frontal interface for Oracle database

From: Gloops <gloops_at_invalid.zailes.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 22:07:58 +0200

Hello, Eurêka !

Well, I found the answer to the question : how to obtain that I do not need temporary tables (at least, to display data).

In the options of Access 2003, Advanced tab, after the default file format, you have a default open mode options group, with the values
"shared" and "exclusive". After that, a default lock options group, with
the values "none", "general", "modified record". After that, a checkbox
"open with locked records".

This last checkbox was checked, causing the problems I enumerated. I completely ignore what it aims, but once it is unchecked (and of course the default open mode set to shared), several users can load the base.

It is quite strange that the file name does not appear in the options box, but the effects of the options can be observed on the other machine with the execution kit.

In fact, before being sure it is a good idea to open the form directly on the main table, I have to finish the modification functions, I am late on that, and the further search I did was to solve the problems I encountered to modify data.

http://officesystemaccess.seneque.net (in French) Received on Wed Aug 13 2008 - 15:07:58 CDT

Original text of this message