Options on session control in a web application

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 13:35:47 -0700 (PDT)

Connected to:
Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.8.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.8.0 - Production

Showing my lack of User interface application skills here.

We have web applications built with PL/SQL. The goal is to develop a simple timing application. When the user enters the fist screen, make a log entry which include the time. When they exit that screen, note how they exited (e.g. OK or CANCEL button pressed) and update the log with a stop time. Given the stateless nature of HTML, what's the best practice to deal with this situation?
Use a cookie?
Use hidden HTML form fields?
Other?

I feel so dumb.
ed Received on Fri Aug 01 2008 - 15:35:47 CDT

Original text of this message