How to return value of stored proc to command file (using sqlplus)?

From: inkylou <amylouky_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 09:37:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all! I hope this is the right forum for this question. I am trying to determine how to call a stored procedure from a CMD file, using sqlplus. My proc has two parameters, one of them an out parameter. I need to capture the value of the out parameter, and assign it to a variable in my CMD file, to use as input to another program.
Currently, the only way we've found to do this is by using DBMS_OUTPUT to write the value to a file, then reading the file from our command file.
Is there a better way to do this?
Thanks! Received on Fri Jun 06 2008 - 11:37:58 CDT

Original text of this message