Re: Streams advice

From: Geoff Muldoon <geoff.muldoon_at_trap.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 09:04:17 +1000

Frank van Bortel says...
> Geoff Muldoon wrote:
>
> > We are particularly looking at Asynchronous Change Data Capture because it
> > "can be configured to have minimal performance impact on the source
> > database", so I presume you refer to overheads at the staging database and
> > overall server resource levels, rather than within the source databases.
> > Maybe overheads of the subscriber databases too?
>
> No - source. Hopefully, things have improved with 10G; 9.2.0.4 was
> simply a disaster.

Performance within the source? Thought that the only real additional overhead there would be the requirement to bump to supplemental rather than standard logging. Does the log mining process affect performance within the source database process?

GM Received on Wed May 21 2008 - 18:04:17 CDT

Original text of this message