TOAD Formatter reports syntax error on collection set operators

From: asafm <asafmaitav_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 01:32:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I am running TOAD 9.1 with Oracle 10g, but I tried this with an evaluation of TOAD 9.6 and it still exists. I started using collection set operators, e.g. MULTISET INTERSECT, in a package stored procedure. Although the package compiles with no errors, and debugger also works with no problems, when applying Format
Code the formatter reports syntax error:
"

(7649: 52) ORA-SQL-PLSQL S76
(S76) Expecting: ! != % ( etc.
"

Here is a full snippet that causes this problem. CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE test_pkg
AS

   TYPE ints IS TABLE OF PLS_INTEGER;

   PROCEDURE xor_ints (p_ints1 IN OUT ints, p_ints2 IN OUT ints); END test_pkg;
/

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY test_pkg
AS

   PROCEDURE xor_ints (

      p_ints1   IN OUT   ints,
      p_ints2   IN OUT   ints

   )
   IS

      v_intersection ints := p_ints1 MULTISET INTERSECT p_ints2;    BEGIN

      p_ints2 := p_ints2 MULTISET EXCEPT v_intersection;
      p_ints1 := p_ints1 MULTISET EXCEPT v_intersection;
   END xor_ints;
END test_pkg;
/

To reproduce the problem created the package and body, and load the package body into TOAD. Once loaded, the problem is reproduced every time CTRL+SHIFT+F is applied on the package body.

Is there a way to configure TOAD formatter to recognize this syntax? Is there any way to workaround this problem? Thanks
Asaf Received on Wed May 21 2008 - 03:32:41 CDT

Original text of this message