Re: help me pick a name for my project!

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 05:52:11 -0700 (PDT)

On May 14, 5:21 pm, yf..._at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca (Malcolm Dew-Jones) wrote:
> m..._at_pixar.com wrote:
>
> : So, we've got a nice program that will introspect
> : a PL/SQL package and generate python interface for
> : it. It's nice, because we can provide an interface to
> : the database that looks like a standard python
> : package, for those of our colleagues who don't
> : care about databases.
>
> : I've gotten approval to release the code, but I'm
> : stuck for a name.
>
> Python Oracle Interface Generator
>
>         => POIG              (Poignant if you could find words for "nant")

How about

Python Oracle Interface Generator, Nice And NeaT

=> POIGNANT (Okay, so it's a bit contrived, but it's no worse than some other product names I've seen over the years.)

> Oracle Python Interface Generator
>
>         => OPIG
Well, there's also

Python Interface Generator, Oracle

=> PIGO

> Or
>         => POracle
>         => pythOracle
>         => Pythagoracle
>
> $-0.10

Then there's

PYthon Generator,Mighty And Light Interface for Oracle Now

PYGMALION (my apologies to George Bernard Shaw)

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu May 15 2008 - 07:52:11 CDT

Original text of this message