Re: Date / Time a table changed

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 06:58:32 -0700 (PDT)

On May 9, 9:45 am, alastair.coo..._at_googlemail.com wrote:
> Hi.
>
> We are connecting to an Oracle 9i Database, is it possible to query a
> table to find out the last date / time a row was updated / inserted.
>
> Thanks
>
> Alast..._at_wavetechconsultancy.co.uk

No, on version 9.2 and lower the only way to know when a row in a table was changed is to either use a trigger to populate last change by and when columns on the row or to use the builtin audit command by access.

Is there a way to get the Date/Time when a row was last updated?

        http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/mod_time.html

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri May 09 2008 - 08:58:32 CDT

Original text of this message