Algorithm to create an encrypted Oracle password

From: Norbert Pürringer <thalion77_at_graffiti.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 01:14:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hello there,

do you know an algorithm for me, which is able to encrypt passwords, which are compatible Oracle passwords? There is a maximum length limitation in Oracle (30 chars) and the algorithm should not produce an encrypted password longer than 30 characters, if the clear text password is less than or equals 30 characters. The best algorithm for me would be one, which always creates an encrypted password with a length of 30 characters.

I need the algorithm for a C# (.NET) application.

Thank you,
Norbert Received on Wed Apr 09 2008 - 03:14:40 CDT

Original text of this message