Re: Connecting to Oracle via MS ODBC driver error

From: Charles Hooper <hooperc2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 11:21:40 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 5, 2:01 pm, roadwarrior <john.fi..._at_science.doe.gov> wrote:
> Trying to connect to Oracle using Oracle 9.2 client - a VB6 app
> from windows 2003 server using microsoft odbc for oracle drivers....
> (the app works un win95, win nt, win200)
>
> getting a microsoft driver error. - using msorcl32.dll .....2007
>
> any information on this would be greatly appreciated ....
>
> DSNs and the communication layer all work ...Since SQL plus works
>
> Thanks

I had problems with the Microsoft ODBC driver when we switched from Oracle 8.0.5 to Oracle 8.1.7.3... several years ago. Use the Oracle ODBC or OLEDB driver instead (might need to perform a custom install of the client, at least that is the case with the Oracle 10.2.0.1 client). The OLEDB driver seems to retrieve data faster than the Oracle ODBC driver.

Charles Hooper
IT Manager/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc. Received on Wed Mar 05 2008 - 13:21:40 CST

Original text of this message