Sequence Numbers Jumping

From: Flash Gordon <spam_at_flash-gordon.me.uk>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 11:36:10 +0000

We are migrating an application from Oracle 9 to Oracle 10. The application uses several sequence objects for user visible sequences. For some reason on Oracle 10 the sequences are jumping. I've checked that the sequences are defined as ordered and tried disabling the caching (a desperation measure as I don't believe it could be that).

Any suggestions as to what could be causing this in Oracle 10 when it did not occur in Oracle 9? Any suggestions as to how to investigate this as I am new to Oracle?

--
Flash Gordon