Re: Question about full-text search

From: Michael O'Shea <michael.oshea_at_tessella.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 01:28:49 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 27, 8:44 am, Reny <renato.esch..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> If I would perform a full text search on a full document in xml field,
> the search escape xml markup?
> I have news in xhtml format that will must store in this field for
> search and my doubt is about if a full text search escape markup when
> search in the fields content.
>
> thank you!

Hi Reny,

You haven't given your Oracle version number so it is a bit difficult for us to help you from an informed perspective.

I suggest you read the documentation on Oracle Text. Using Stellent Chicago Corporations's filtering technology, Oracle Text can index over a 150 document format types including Adobe PDF, XML, XHTML etc. The latter meets your posted requirements.

The link included below will point you in the right direction.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/text/index.html

Regards

TESSELLA Michael.OShea_at_tessella.com

__/__/__/  Tessella Support Services plc
__/__/__/  3 Vineyard Chambers, ABINGDON, OX14 3PX, England
__/__/__/  Tel: (44)(0)1235-555511  Fax: (44)(0)1235-553301
www.tessella.com Registered in England No. 1466429 Received on Sun Mar 02 2008 - 03:28:49 CST

Original text of this message