CLOB

From: <mrdjmagnet_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 17:24:13 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I posted some things eariler to get some opinions on using CLOBS. We have never done that here. I've been looking for a couple of hours for some decent examples on how to insert, update and select data from a CLOB column.

I also want to find some examples of using CLOB columns in PLSQL, so I can see how to use the variable.

I see a lot of references to DBMS_LOB. Do I have to use that any time I want to work with the CLOB?

I created a table with a CLOB column, put 10000 characters into that column, but no matter what, could not get the 10000 back out....

I've seen a lot of pages, but I have not found any that give any real good examples.

Does anyone have any URL's I can look at?

Thanks a lot! Received on Sat Mar 01 2008 - 19:24:13 CST

Original text of this message