help searching for oracles and Oracles and ORACLES

From: <>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:44:31 -0800 (PST)

Hello Mark D Powell, Robert Klemme, Michael O'Shea, David FitzJarrell and thank you for your help before.

I have a table called "table2" that has the following in it

id1      Description
 1       oracle oracle oracle oracle
 2       oracle school oracle school school school
 6       the school the party the oracle

How can I get SQL to get rows with Oracle or oracle (first letter is upcase) or ORACLE

My SQL is

select * from table2 where description like '%oracle%' or description like '%Oracle' or description like '%ORACLE%'

In access '%oracle%' works in upcase or lower case but in Oracle I have to keep testing for all cases. The word might be oRaCLe but I don't want to write them all.

How can I do this

Thank you

Jon Received on Mon Feb 18 2008 - 15:44:31 CST

Original text of this message