SQLPLUS fails when there is an extra line in the sql ?

From: John <chunji08_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:14:29 -0800 (PST)

This may have been reported by someone, but I just want to share it with you, just in case.

I am using sqlplus ( Release - Production), on my linux box. Usually I am using this command to access a databae to execute a
"deploy.sql" that invokes another hundreds sql files, such as:

sqlplus username/password_at_mydatabase @deploy.sql

And here is the piece of the sql that gives me the headache.

as you can see there is an extra blank line before the right parenthesis, and because of that, I see such errors in my log file,

SP2-0042: unknown command ") " - rest of line ignored.

But If I manually remove that blank line, everything works fine.

I wonder if there is a patch, or higher version of sqlplus that have such problem solved ?

John Received on Fri Feb 15 2008 - 13:14:29 CST

Original text of this message