typical TAF failover times?

From: <mh_at_pixar.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 04:25:20 GMT

First, just to make sure I understand: All TAF configuration is in the tnsnames.ora entry, and doesn't need any setup on the RAC servers. Is that correct?

Second, what are some typical TAF failover times? I'm in a gig-e LAN environment, so there won't be any serious network timing fluctuations.

For our application it would be preferrable to fail over as quickly as possible, since we are servicing nodes in a pretty large compute farm.

Would retries=3,delay=5 be reasonable? Then work should pick up in 15 seconds or so after a node fails.

Many TIA!
Mark

--
Mark Harrison