Table analysis

From: noon <Nunyez_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 04:29:21 -0800 (PST)

What I am trying to accomplish is to get an understanding of how much columns are being used in a table. We are working on creating a data warehouse, and I need to know which columns are important and being used and vice versa. My plan is to get a number of how many nulls / not nulls there are for each record in the column. Is there a tool that can provide this kind of table analysis?

Otherwise, I can only think of using PL/SQL to run this query against every single column. Received on Mon Jan 21 2008 - 06:29:21 CST

Original text of this message