Re: user defined data type: does they exist ?

From: <alberto.roller_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 02:39:30 -0800 (PST)

> SQL Manual entry CREATE TYPE
> PL/SQL User's Guide and Reference  -- contains many examples of using
> object types

hello, thanks. I've already tried it, but it seems to me that it can "only" create complex types, something like struct in C++.

And to use them, I have to use a "constructor" in the insert statement.

I need to be able to do only something like

insert into table AA (column1) values ('this is a string with maximum 50 chars')

and not something like

insert into table AA (column1) values (CODE('this is a string with maximum 50 chars'))

Maybe I missed something on the create type syntax ?

thank you very much! Received on Fri Jan 18 2008 - 04:39:30 CST

Original text of this message