Re: creating tables info. please

From: Charles Hooper <hooperc2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 04:47:06 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 8, 7:27 am, Totti <saliba.toufic.geo..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Charles these methods seem very powerful, but i m not sure i know
> how to do them, but i think i am using something 95% similar to the
> second methos you talked about, the 'macro' one.
> i just wrote a VBA, with an insert into formula in Excel, so i
> generate the data in excel, i save the rows in a txt file and from
> there i do a crete table in oracle, and i paste the values i have in
> the txt so the thing i am copying and pasting is kind of this:
>  creat table_XXX(
> sal_x varchar2(12),
> sal_prod ........)
> insert into table table_xxx value(....,....,...);
> commit;
>
> thats how i know to do it at the present time,
> but since you have something better, i would like you to show me some
> info. on any valuable documentations about it.
> Thanks a lot.

I posted slightly better descriptions of both methods here: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.oracle.misc/browse_thread/thread/9be96fd1ed209ba3

The Excel method example actually performs a select from the database, but it could just as easily perform an insert into a table. By default, ADO in Excel will perform a commit after each insert statement.

Other members of the group posted additional methods for accomplishing the task.

Charles Hooper
IT Manager/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc. Received on Tue Jan 08 2008 - 06:47:06 CST

Original text of this message