Re: problem connecting to db.

From: Mr. X. <no_spam_please_at_nospam_please.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 17:26:00 +0200

Thanks ...
Some things :

I am sorry for my bad English, so in some cases I may be understood : Client <-> Server :
I didn't mean that there is a user that running a specific application on the server.
I call for the Server : Oracle, and the Client : my program, that runs by a windows-schedule.
(On the machine : Windows 2000).

Also, the only message I have seen on listener.ora is TNS-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor
(and I see it occured when running sql-plus, once for some debugging , and
the schedule-programs don't hang at that time...)

In Sqlnet.ora I have messages that related to the programs of my schedules, the same as you described.
(long time ago, and not when my programs hang last time) - that seems to be
weird - is that related to the problem I have describe on first time ?

(the programs still hang once for 1-3 days generally - like lottery - I
don't know exactly when and which of my schedules ...).

Thanks :) Received on Sun Dec 30 2007 - 09:26:00 CST

Original text of this message