Re: Merging Oracle and active directory

From: <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 01:13:53 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 14, 3:50 pm, "Aquiles.-" <aqco..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Anyone can guide me on this.
>
> I have a legacy structure where i have 12000 clients. each client has
> a password.
>
> Table_Name = clients
> Fields= Identificaction, Name, LastName, Password, Active
>
> 1) any idea about how can create users on LDAP based system ( openldap
> or active directory ) based on this structure.
> 2) the solution must active o disable the client on LDAP system if the
> Active field on oracle table it's true or false.
>
> please advice me.

Hi,

openldap has a well defined API. You should be able to extract your data from your tables and build the ldif file(s) to populate your LDAP schema. However, that assumes that the openldap infrastructure (service, schema, object model, etc.) is already built. I can't tell it that is true based on your question that asks how to create a user based on it (Oracle), with the next one asking how to disable access based on it. Aren't you doing a one time cutover from your current table based setup to LDAP?

HTH, Steve Received on Wed Dec 19 2007 - 03:13:53 CST