Re: Where to do Data Validation?

From: Brian Tkatch <N/A>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 13:41:19 -0500

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 10:00:37 -0800, DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote:

>Brian Tkatch wrote:
>
>> True, and intended. If the DB is "just a convenient place to store
>> data", there isn't a good design anyway. Hence, my comment.
>
>All databases are intended to be a convenient way to store data. What
>other possible purpose can they serve?

To define the data model.

>Were you in my program at UW I'd call you into my office to discuss
>leaving the program. You are giving serious indications that you just
>don't understand the role of IT in the current millennium.

You wouldn't have time to. I would have left much earlier due to your sour attitude and willingness to belittle others.

Fortunately, in the NG, i can ignore most of that (hard as it is) and get to your more infromative posts, where you can really shine.

B. Received on Tue Nov 20 2007 - 12:41:19 CST