Inserting binary data to an column

From: Micha <pen_at_gmx.li>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 10:13:43 +0100

Hi,
i want to make a proof of concept about handling "binary data". Background:
I want to get a binary decription (or hex etc) of a data stored in an column. Later i want to insert this binary/hex etc data directly in a column (by code in plsql).
If i can make this, imable to insert any data intependent from its data type.

Questions:
1. How can i get the right data representation (binary/hex etc for later insert)?
2. What are the correct statements to insert this data representation?

For example:
the hex representation of 'Technical Writer' is '546563686e6963616c20577269746572'

so i want to get the hex number and later i want to insert it (and the database (i my case Oracle 10g) understand it as 'Technical Writer'

Greets

Micha Received on Tue Nov 06 2007 - 03:13:43 CST