Re: Oracle Forms and Java

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 21:27:43 +0100

spam wrote:
> I all

Me too.

The eldest version I had lying around uses JRE 1.1.8. That was Forms 4.5. Pre forms 4.5, no JRE.

Since then, there's been 5.0, 6.0, 6i, 9i and the current version is 10g. Do realize the timeline crossed the millennium here.

And if you ever had any Java exposure (which I barely had), you would have known you can set your classpath to any environment/version you like.
I have a workstation with a customer of mine, that still uses JInitiator - it's versions use JRE 1.1.8, 1.3.1 and 1.3.2 happily together.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...