Re: Oracle Forms and Java

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:05:24 -0700

Comments (such as they are) embedded.
On Oct 30, 3:58 am, "spam" <s..._at_spam.it> wrote:
> I all
>
> I have an 25-years-old experience on Microsoft developing, from sequential
> files to MsSQL. Oracle was the inarrivable myth.

Could you possibly state that in English?

> Now I am approaching Oracle, but the myth it's falling.

I'm lost, now.

> To be upright, I am thinking that a lot of trouble it's due the incopentence
> of certain consulter; I need help to undersand where's the badness.

If anyone knew what you were talking about they might be able to help.

> For example: I cannot update Java VM on clients, I must use the dangerous
> 1.1.5 JVM because "Oracle Forms it's certified only for JVM 1.1.5".

WHICH release of Oracle Forms do you reference? I suspect it's 4.0 ...

> Now, my
> questions are:
> 1) It's possible that Oracle it's imposing to use an old JVM, out-dated
> since last december?

Certainly it's possible, if the vendor is using an old version of Forms. But we won't know that until you tell us which version that is.

> 2) If 1) is yes, ther'is somebody taht's using JVM 1.1.6 with Oracle Forms?

WHICH RELEASE OF FORMS????? (Sorry, but it's frustrating when you keep asking questions and fail to provide the necessary information to answer them.)

> 3) If 1) is yes, ther'is a workaround to isolate JVM 1.1.5 from Internet
> usage?

Can you tell us, please, which release of FORMS you are using? The answers to your probing questions can't be supplied until you provide that information.

> Regards

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Oct 31 2007 - 15:05:24 CDT