Re: E_UNEXPECTED(0x8000FFFF) Problem with OraOleDB.Oracle

From: Gubo <michal.gubis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:25:03 -0700

On Oct 12, 7:14 pm, Charles Hooper <hooperc2..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Oct 12, 11:57 am, Gubo <michal.gu..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Oct 12, 5:54 pm, Charles Hooper <hooperc2..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > If I recall correctly, this problem has to do with the use of
> > > connection pooling. Try disabling connection pooling to see if the
> > > problem disappears.
>
> > > Charles Hooper
> > > IT Manager/Oracle DBA
> > > K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc.
>
> > How do I disable connection pooling ? pool=false in connection string ?
>
> It has been a while since I have had to deal with this problem. A
> Google search:http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=OraOLEDB+disable+connection+pool
>
> Found this article:http://www.ddj.com/windows/184407887
>
> "Finally, Pooling is a Boolean attribute that indicates if connection
> pooling is enabled. To disable connection pooling, you just set
> Pooling to False. Note that Boolean values can also be set using Yes/
> No instead of True/False."
>
> It looks like you are correct.
>
> Charles Hooper
> IT Manager/Oracle DBA
> K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc.

thank you very much.

I also found a very interesting behavior which confirms your opinion that this problem has to do with connection pooling. If I explicitly call garbage collection, the problem disappears. This leads me to a fact, that "Disposed" connections in .NET are not really set free, until the garbage is collected. Only after garbage collection are the connection returned to the pool.

thanks again for the help Received on Mon Oct 15 2007 - 10:25:03 CDT