Re: E_UNEXPECTED(0x8000FFFF) Problem with OraOleDB.Oracle

From: Charles Hooper <hooperc2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:14:58 -0700

On Oct 12, 11:57 am, Gubo <michal.gu..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 12, 5:54 pm, Charles Hooper <hooperc2..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> > If I recall correctly, this problem has to do with the use of
> > connection pooling. Try disabling connection pooling to see if the
> > problem disappears.
>
> > Charles Hooper
> > IT Manager/Oracle DBA
> > K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc.
>
> How do I disable connection pooling ? pool=false in connection string ?

It has been a while since I have had to deal with this problem. A Google search:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=OraOLEDB+disable+connection+pool

Found this article:
http://www.ddj.com/windows/184407887

"Finally, Pooling is a Boolean attribute that indicates if connection pooling is enabled. To disable connection pooling, you just set Pooling to False. Note that Boolean values can also be set using Yes/ No instead of True/False."

It looks like you are correct.

Charles Hooper
IT Manager/Oracle DBA
K&M Machine-Fabricating, Inc. Received on Fri Oct 12 2007 - 12:14:58 CDT