Re: Triggers v Referential keys

From: Helma <helma.vinke_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 06:05:09 -0700

> > I've seen that one too. I checked the database knowledge of the
> > developers and asked for the technical design of the application.
> > The outcome was alarming.
>
> Alarming in what way? Could you elaborate please?

The developers didn't know anything about the database and treated it as a black box to store data. They didn't make any primary keys or foreign keys because of what the project leader said " ..We want to keep flexibility..".
So i asked the technical design to see what further mistakes i could find. The alarming part? There wasn't a technical design. Needless to say that this project went horribly wrong and several people lost their jobs on this one.

The rule is follow is that if you see an unorthodox solution, check how well informed the makers are. You will end up learning a new trick, or, in 99% of the other cases, find the rat you smelled.

HV. Received on Fri Aug 31 2007 - 08:05:09 CDT