Newbie SQL Question

From: <chunji08_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 20:59:12 -0700

Hi there,
I have a sql question, if someone can help.

Let's say there is a table called "table_map", which has two columns,
"tablename" and "sql_mapping". If I say:
" select tablename from table_map where sql_mapping is not null.", I
will get a list of tables that exist in the same database.

Besides, if I say: "select count(*) from <table name>", I will get the rows in one table.

So my Question is is there a way I can combine both SQLs into one, that returns me the counts of each table, and the table_names from the
"table_map".

Thanks a lot for the tips.

Charlie. Received on Wed Jul 25 2007 - 22:59:12 CDT