Re: extracting a sample of each condition

From: jobs <jobs_at_webdos.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 19:07:57 -0700

> Have a look at row_number/rank/dense_rank functions.
> First_value one may also help.
>
> Regards
> Michel Cadot

I don't know if there is a better way to do this, but I have a working solution in the form of:

joining the table to the group by in question. If there is a smarter way to do this please let me know.

select s.btn btn,s. plan_code,s. fee_type, s.min_type, s.monthly_fee from monthly_fee_samples s join
(select max(t.btn) btn ,t.plan_code,t.fee_type,t.min_type  from monthly_fee_samples t group by
t.plan_code,t.fee_type,t.fee_type,t.min_type) x  on s.btn = x.btn order by s.plan_code Received on Wed Jul 25 2007 - 21:07:57 CDT