Re: how can one assign ORA_DISK_2 for RMAN ?

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 02:55:29 -0700

On 9 jul, 02:57, Joe <joe1..._at_tlen.pl> wrote:
> hi. I google but could not find any article regarding that issue; I
> have second USB attached drive as letter G. Now I am backing up just
> to one drive ORA_DISK_1 I would like the backupt to go also on the
> second drive. How can one assign ORA_DISK_2 (or is there any other
> better solution in order backup database to 2nd source)
>
> Thank you.

Your question is unclear.
Do you want
a) part of your backup go to drive <X> and part of your backup to Drive G. If so, configure parallelism to 2. b) duplex your backup to two different locations, so you have two backups?
If so adapt the following command to your needs BACKUP DEVICE TYPE DISK COPIES 2 FORMAT '/tmp/%U','?/oradata/%U','?/ %U'

Obviously questions like this by performing this daunting task Read the RMAN users manual for your version instead of wasting yours and others time by 'googling' or asking here.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA