Re: Use of an array NOT number cause error

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 06:53:05 -0700

Mariano wrote:
> Then I've this function:
>
> ======================================
>
> FUNCTION "SEMIAUTO"(px NUMBER)
>
> RETURN automatiche AS
>
> results automatiche := automatiche();
>
> CURSOR c_class IS
> SELECT id_mal, SUM(percent) AS p
> FROM malattie_sintomi
> WHERE id_sin IN (px)
> and id_mal in (select id_mal from malattie_sintomi group by
> id_mal having count(*) >= 1)
> GROUP BY id_mal;
>
> BEGIN
> FOR v_Rec IN c_class LOOP
> results.EXTEND;
> results(results.LAST) := automatica(v_Rec.id_mal,
> v_Rec.p);
> END LOOP;
> RETURN results;
> END;
>
> ======================================
>
> As you could see, this function accept a NUMBER in input, this number
> will be a parameter of my cursor c_class.
> But number it's not usefull for my job, I need to pass an unknow
> number of NUMBER (sorry for words joke :D) a sort of array.
>
> I've write:
>
> type sinArray is table of number;
>
> and now header of my function is something like
>
> FUNCTION "SEMIAUTO"(px SINARRAY)
>
> But in this way i have a conflict and a message advise me that is
> needed NUMBER not SINARRAY.
>
> What I can do?

Is your code supposed to do something useful?

If so ... please post the version number and the business problem you are trying to solve. From the above function the only thing I can deduce is that you trying to do something that will not work. But not knowing what you are actually trying to do makes it hard to suggest a better direction to go.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington