Re: Features query 10.2.0.x

From: ahogan <hoganAPLP_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 05:46:41 -0700

On 8 jun, 12:30, "Shakespeare" <what..._at_xs4all.nl> wrote:
> "ahogan" <hoganA..._at_gmail.com> schreef in berichtnews:1181290697.138941.77200_at_p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
>

> > Much to my embarrassment I find myself in the position of asking some
> > kind soul to read the FM.
>
> > I am looking at implementing 64 bit oracle on windows 2003 server. We
> > have a requirement for Workflow server which is not included in
> > 10.2.0.1. As I don't have access to Metalink and for some reason I
> > can't get a response from Oracle, I can't verify if Workflow server
> > has been included in later releases.
>
> > If someone has a few minutes to spare and has access to the latest
> > 10.2 Oracle Database Companion CD Installation Guide for Microsoft
> > Windows (x64) could you please let me know if Workflow server appears
> > on the contents page.
>
> > My apologies for the nature of this request but I've been trying
> > without success to get an answer from Oracle for the last two weeks.
>
> > Regards,
> > Anthony Hogan
>
> In stead of having someone read the FM for you, you could download it from
> technet athttp://download.oracle.com/otn/nt/oracle10g/10201/102010_win64_x64_co...
> and read document b15680.pdf (read the FPDF so to say)
>
> But, by the way, workflow is included but not supported on Windows XP and
> Windows 2003
>
> Shakespeare- Ocultar texto de la cita -
>
> - Mostrar texto de la cita -

Thanks for your reply Shakespeare - been there done that!

The "included but not supported" list is not quite accurate: Generic connectivity and the HTTP server (to name but two) are definitely not included.

Quibbles on documentation aside, my question concerned documentation on releases later than 10.2.0.1 which I do not have access to. Oracle supports workflow server on other 64 bit platforms (Linux, Solaris, Itanium...) as of 10.2.0.1. I need to know if windows x64 has been added to the list post 10.2.0.1.

Regards,
Anthony Hogan Received on Fri Jun 08 2007 - 07:46:41 CDT