Re: Features query 10.2.0.x

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:55:26 +0200

"ahogan" <hoganAPLP_at_gmail.com> schreef in bericht news:1181306801.180501.87410_at_e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...
> On 8 jun, 12:30, "Shakespeare" <what..._at_xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> "ahogan" <hoganA..._at_gmail.com> schreef in
>> berichtnews:1181290697.138941.77200_at_p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
>>

>> > Much to my embarrassment I find myself in the position of asking some
>> > kind soul to read the FM.
>>
>> > I am looking at implementing 64 bit oracle on windows 2003 server. We
>> > have a requirement for Workflow server which is not included in
>> > 10.2.0.1. As I don't have access to Metalink and for some reason I
>> > can't get a response from Oracle, I can't verify if Workflow server
>> > has been included in later releases.
>>
>> > If someone has a few minutes to spare and has access to the latest
>> > 10.2 Oracle Database Companion CD Installation Guide for Microsoft
>> > Windows (x64) could you please let me know if Workflow server appears
>> > on the contents page.
>>
>> > My apologies for the nature of this request but I've been trying
>> > without success to get an answer from Oracle for the last two weeks.
>>
>> > Regards,
>> > Anthony Hogan
>>
>> In stead of having someone read the FM for you, you could download it
>> from
>> technet
>> athttp://download.oracle.com/otn/nt/oracle10g/10201/102010_win64_x64_co...
>> and read document b15680.pdf (read the FPDF so to say)
>>
>> But, by the way, workflow is included but not supported on Windows XP and
>> Windows 2003
>>
>> Shakespeare- Ocultar texto de la cita -
>>
>> - Mostrar texto de la cita -
>
> Thanks for your reply Shakespeare - been there done that!
>
> The "included but not supported" list is not quite accurate: Generic
> connectivity and the HTTP server (to name but two) are definitely not
> included.
>
> Quibbles on documentation aside, my question concerned documentation
> on releases later than 10.2.0.1 which I do not have access to. Oracle
> supports workflow server on other 64 bit platforms (Linux, Solaris,
> Itanium...) as of 10.2.0.1. I need to know if windows x64 has been
> added to the list post 10.2.0.1.

I stand corrected! I just took the LATEST version on Technet. Technet does not report any newer (downloadable) version for Win 64 (yet). Checked edelivery as well. 10.2.0.1 seems to be the latest version over there as well.

What's in a version....

Shakespeare