What options for catching DDL exceptions in scripts sent to multiple users?

From: dean <deanbrown3d_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 17:33:45 -0000

Hello all,

I wanted some advice on what people are doing to keep synchronized the client site databases and development machines. Rigth now we create DDL statements in scripts, and run them through a little app (in windows) that is aware of all of our users in 2 different databases
(9.2i and 10g), and sends the script file off to each one to be run
(using the sql+ @ command). If it all looks good (we look at the dos
prompt screens), then we call it ok and ship the scripts off to our clients, where there DBAs run them.

The problem is, if a script fails, we have a hard time seeing the failure messages. We have 30 different users, and each script is run in a set of created scrolling dos prompt windows, which get cut off at some point. We are looking into examining the results log file, an exception log file, or both, to make it easier to spot errors. How can we catch exceptions such as this efficiently?

Thanks

Dean Received on Tue Jun 05 2007 - 12:33:45 CDT