Re: Query question

From: Peter Ashford <peter.m.ashford_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 10:36:56 -0000

> > Thanks, but as I said, I've read lots of documentation on the net.
> > The reason I'm asking here is that I just don't get it :o)
>
> Michel pointed you not to "lots of documentation" but to a very
> specific part. He has even included the hyper links.
> He has even spelled out where to look at: "Outer Joins".

Yes.

I understand.

I found very similar documentation on the web and read it very carefully. I learned all about joins and outer joins in particular. I thought that might be the solution to my query, but it wasn't. I've since persevered with my problem and discovered a solution.

> Now if you cannot create the query from that, provide
> an exported dump of the actual data, and I'll write
> the query for you.
>
> Please include your companies VAT number, billing address
> and reference number in the request.

Hmm. Okay, thanks for the sarcasm. Look, I respect your right to not answer my questions, or you can refer me somewhere else you think I might find info (as Michel did) but if you don't have something useful to say, then I'd rather not have the sarcastic remarks.

I'm an expert in some fields (obviously not SQL) and I try to help newbs in those areas. I don't think anyone deserves sarcasm for not knowing something, especially when they've spent a lot of time trying to find out an answer on their own. Received on Sun Jun 03 2007 - 05:36:56 CDT