Re: EXECUTE ANY PROCEDURE

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 14 May 2007 10:22:57 -0700

Comments embedded.
On May 14, 11:55 am, Jeff Kish <jeff.k..._at_mro.com> wrote:
> I'm a bit confused here.
> I had a schema grant EXECUTE ANY PROCEDURE to a user.

A schema can't grant anything to anyone. The schema owner can.

> But that user could not access procedures in a package.. they got an ORA-04043
> (object xxx does not exist).

Providing the EXACT error message, instead of your condensed version, would help tremendously.

> Can someone tell me the proper way to grant to a user the rights to execute
> procedures and functions in and outside of packages in a given schema?

Usually it's granting EXECUTE ANY PROCEDURE to the desired user (provided the schema owner granting such a privilege can do so).

> this seems to work,

To what, exactly, does 'this' refer?

> but I don't know if it is the proper way,

Neither do we, as you haven't explained what 'this' is.

> and further, I
> don't know why EXECUTE ANY PROCEDURE didn't do it.

Neither do we, and we won't until you provide exactly what you did, with which user account, and what privileges said user account has been granted.

> thanks
> Jeff
> Jeff Kish

David Fitzjarrell Received on Mon May 14 2007 - 12:22:57 CDT