Re: getting list of complete BOM

From: Ronald. <rmoleveld_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Apr 2007 00:47:57 -0700

sorry guys for the 'misinformation' :-)

It's indeed Oracle Applications, and to be specific the bill of material module.
RDBMS is 8.1.7.4.0 and applications is 11.5.3

simple example of current situation:

product A has 4 components: B1, B2, B3, and B4

product B1 has component C1
product B2 and B4 has no component (it's a buy product) product B3 has component C2, C3 and C4

product C2 has no component
product C3 has component D1 and D2
product C4 has component E1 and E2

As I said before, I know the products are stored (the id's) in bom_bill_of_materials and the components in bom_inventory_components connected with the operation sequence number.

I can make a select to go one level deep but since the structure can become quite big and some levels of components are several deep (7 or 8 are present) I don't manage to get this right.

Hopefully is this information clear enough, if not I'm happy to clarify it further.

best regards,

Ronald. Received on Wed Apr 04 2007 - 02:47:57 CDT