Re: compute md5-hash from file

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 17:46:44 +0100

Thomas Peter schrieb:
> Maxim Demenko wrote:

>> Yes, you are correct in your assumption regarding
>> dbms_obfuscation_toolkit.MD5, i'm not aware, how this limitation to
>> overcome.

> so there is no way to compute a hash for data>32767byte with oracle<10g
> ? (don't care if its md5, sha1 or anything else - i just need a
> unix-cli-equivalent)
>
> would the usage of java be a solution?
>
> thnx
> thomas

I think that will be the most straightforward workaround. I imagine to have seen a possible java implementation on asktom, but quick search didn't help - maybe you'll have more luck.

Alternatively, there are old (under GPL) pl sql implementations for md5/bitwise operations , maybe you'll have interest to adjust them to handle large objects...
http://web.archive.org/web/20041026022028/cellar.sourceforge.net/plsql/fast_bw.txt http://web.archive.org/web/20041107204537/cellar.sourceforge.net/plsql/fast_md5.txt

Best regards

Maxim Received on Mon Mar 19 2007 - 11:46:44 CDT