Re: compute md5-hash from file

From: Thomas Peter <braindumped_at_expires-31-03-2007.news-group.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:39:44 +0100

Maxim Demenko wrote:
> How you declared checksum variable?
> For me your example works (i hope, your test_utl_file don't exceed 2Gb,
> in that case you would get however ORA-01426) :

can you try your code with a file larger than 32767 byte?

i think this is the problem here...
it seems, that dbms_obfuscation_toolkit.MD5 can't handle data lagrer than 32767, which makes sense, since it expects RAW or VARCHAR, which have a limit for usage in pl/sql at 32767 bytes

i read something about a procedure called dbms_crypto.hash which explicit handles blobs (as mentioned in http://www.psoug.org/reference/dbms_crypto.html) but i don't have such a package!
ok, the document say's 10g, but i connected to an instance of 10g 10.2 and there is no dbms_crypto.hash as well.

any ideas?

thnx,
thomas Received on Mon Mar 19 2007 - 10:39:44 CDT