SQL: DELETE and DROP TABLE with cascading ?

From: Claudia d'Amato <clauama_at_wonderworld.com>
Date: 25 Feb 2007 16:38:08 GMT

As far as I found out DELETE and DROP TABLE are NOT possible with some kind of additional cascading instruction.

DELETE CASCADE
FROM mytable
WHERE .... is not possible.
Same with:

DROP TABLE mytable CASCADE

The only way I found so far is that I have to specify a clause "ON DELETE CASCADE" at the time when the table(s) were created.

Is this really true?

Is there no work around to pass an explicitly "get rid aff the whole table structure/records" at the time of deletion regardless of wether an ON DELETE CASCADE is specified before or not ?

Claudia Received on Sun Feb 25 2007 - 10:38:08 CST