Subquery to lsit

From: Matthias Langbein <matthias_langbein_at_web.de>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 20:36:32 +0100

Hi all,

ist there a comfortable way to turn a subquery that contains multiple values into a list?

Example:

Table A:
ID - Name

1  - Bart
2  - Lisa
3  - Homer
4  - Marge

Table B:
User - Login

1  - 12:34
2  - 13:41
3  - 14:00
1  - 15:12
4  - 09:14
2  - 17:12

Query: something like
SELECT Name, (Select List(Login) from B where User=ID) FROM A Result:
Bart - 12:34, 15:12
Lisa - 13:41, 17:12
Homer - 14:00
Marge - 09:14

Is there something way I know would be to define a function that receives the ID as parameter and returns the Logins as string, but I wonderes whether there is a generic function or one of you knows how to create one.

THX, Langi Received on Mon Feb 19 2007 - 13:36:32 CST