Re: Crystal Report and PLSQL

From: sandya <shanbhagsarita_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Feb 2007 21:02:58 -0800

On Feb 17, 10:43 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> sandya wrote:
> > Is it possible to useCrystalReportand PLSQL code to write back to
> > base tables.
>
> Yes and no.
>
> You can useCrystalReports to run stored procedures and REF CURSORS
> to pass information back toCrystal. But it not exactly a substitute
> for a real front-end.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damor..._at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)

When I am trying to update the base table it gives me the following error:

Database connector error: 'HY000:[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01456:may not perform insert//delete/update/ operation on READ ONLY transactions.

Some where I read that I need to change some environment variable to make transactions read/write. Since I am new to the Crystal Report I dont know about environment variable. Could you please tell me how is it done or is there any other solution to it. Received on Sun Feb 18 2007 - 23:02:58 CST