Re: Oracle Bug? SQL not returning correct rows.

From: Ed Prochak <edprochak_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Feb 2007 09:20:14 -0800

On Feb 12, 3:29 pm, zugzu..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Good idea but it didn't help.
>
> If I just try to use bill_of_lading, qty, * it gives me: "ORA-00936:
> missing expression".
>
> If I try to give the table an identifier (select bill_of_lading, qty,
> z.* from ps_rsc_ar820_tbl z...) then it just returns an identical Z
> row for each of the dups. I also tried to include the identifiers in
> the sub-query to make sure something weird wasn't going on there and
> as expected Oracle complained that I was referencing an invalid
> identifier.
>
> Thanks,
> Ryan

Sorry, I was too quick while trying to keep it simple. Just try something in place of * that will uniquely identify the source row, in fact, ROWID would be a good choice.

Then if the results show the same rowid for the duplicates, then it may be a bug. But if the results show different rows with duplicate bill_of_lading values, then you know the problem is in the select. (IOW, something was not the same between query 1 and query 3)

HTH,
   ed Received on Tue Feb 13 2007 - 11:20:14 CST