Number Data Type

From: <muralidhargvn_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2 Feb 2007 05:21:08 -0800

Hi All,

I am using Oracle 10g database.
I have a table with field name "Amount" and its datatype is Number(7,2).
If I enter the amount value as 10.23, it is stored beautifully in the database.
But, if I enter the amount value as 10.00, it is getting truncated and stored in the databse as only 10 (The decimal part is not stored in the database if both the digits in the decimal part are zeros')

Can any one help me in understanding this, and how to over come this?

Thanks in advance,
Murali. Received on Fri Feb 02 2007 - 07:21:08 CST