PL/SQL block, won't accept accept

From: <spudtheimpaler_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 Jan 2007 07:27:06 -0800

Hey,

I've searched yet not found.

I have a simple procedure I am trying to set up:

[code]

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE TTT_MakeAMove AS BEGIN
  ACCEPT TTT_PlayerMoveColumn PROMPT 'Please select a Column for your move: ';
  ACCEPT TTT_PlayerMoveROW PROMPT 'Please select a Row Number for your move: ';
  DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('You have chosen cell '||TTT_PlayerMoveColumn|| TTT_PlayerMoveROW);
END;
[/code]

Which won't compile. When I show errors:

[output]

Errors for PROCEDURE TTT_MAKEAMOVE:

LINE/COL

ERROR

3/10
PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "TTT_PLAYERMOVECOLUMN" when expecting one of t
he following:

[/output]

I believe it is to do with the variables (I'm new at this). However, IIRC Procedures dont use declare, and variables in brackets before the begin are for those transferred in/out of the procedure.

If it is variables, what is it i am missing? If not, then what is it I've not taken in?

Thanks in advance

Mitch.

(P.S, TTT = TicTacToe) Received on Mon Jan 29 2007 - 09:27:06 CST