Re: .NET Application - Unhandled Exception

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Jan 2007 04:59:18 -0800

On Jan 22, 12:56 pm, a..._at_areasix.co.uk wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm having a bit of trouble with my .NET application - I have built an
> application to read data from an Oracle database and then write to a MS
> SQL database.
>
> The application runs fine on the development machine, but when I
> release and try the application on the MS SQL Server machine (where the
> syncronisation will take place), I get an Unhandled Exception
> (System.TypeInitializationException) Error.
>
> When I debug it throws me back the following error:
> The type initializer for "Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection"
> threw an exception.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? Could it be
> because a reference to the Oracle server/service hasn't been set up on
> the server machine?
>
> Thanks in advance

I wouldn't even try to reinvent Oracle's Hetergeneous Gateway or Microsoft DTS.
Why writing your own application?
Why posting a question without any detail on versions involved or the actual code?
This is a volunteer forum, it is expected you do at least *something* to resolve your own problems, instead of just *dumping* them without providing the correct crystal ball.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA