Re: 10.1 / 10.2: different trigger behaviour

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 11:30:29 +0100

DA Morgan schreef:

> Tarby777 wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm getting different results when I run the same script on the same
>> data in a 10g r1 and 10g r2 database. It works fine on r1 but goes
>> belly-up with constraint violations in r2. The script is applying a
[snip!]
>> What's going on?
>>
>> TIA
>> Tarby
>
> Posting the actual error message and possibly the trigger code would
> make it possible for someone to help you.
>
> My guess is that the two schemas are not, in fact, identical.

Perhaps the erroneous behavior of release 1 was fixed in 2?

Other than that:

- sequence in which tables and constraints are created
- constraints are deferrable on 1, not so on release 2
- your data is not the same; you overlooked something.

It should not be too hard to find the offending record.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...